Friday, August 5, 2016

Day 39

Where... do I start with today?

Today was a Friday, a quiz day yet again- the last quiz day in which we will have to memorize dialogs. I practiced my dialogs when I woke up and ate a wonderful breakfast with my mother and father. It was a sunny day, the sun shone brightly, but it wasn't as hot as it was yesterday. I left a little later than I usually do because I was practicing my dialogs and as I was leaving for school, I noticed that I had left my headphones on my desk in my room, so I had to return home and get them. It would not be a complete Friday if I had not been listening to fitting bgm. I walked to school feeling very cheerful. I thought about the time that I had left and let my experiences in my mind seep into my brain. I remember going out of the subway, up the stairs, out through the exit, turning and going through the tunnel, crossing the cross walk, and walking to the school. The same routine that I had been doing for the past five weeks. As always, I looked around my surroundings and appreciated the scenery with my head up when I had the time to do so.

In class, we took our tests and I had been paired up with Jodi for the speaking test. We were the first ones to go, fortunately, so we were able to choose which prompt we wanted to be quizzed on. We chose the first prompt because it was loads easier to remember than the second prompt. I got out four 100원 coins from my pocket and laid them on the table, the head and tails side switching, for good luck. Jodi messed up and said '한두교포' instead of 힌두교도' and I referred to her as 아주씨 instead of 라지브 씨, so we had a good laugh. I remember my teacher saying 나가 좋졌은 것 같아요!

Afterwards, I went to the convenience store to get some snack foods and I got a red bean green tea bread thing and coconut water. I went back into the school with some other NSLI-Yians who also went to the convenience store previously and then went into the waiting room with the other 나무반 people. It was really fun because we were speaking in Spanish and also spoke Korean in accents of different accents. I could only do Russian, but Tucker did Japanese and Jesse did French. It was so funny to hear it all, and it felt so great to once again realize that I'm surrounded by people who also love to learn and speak foreign tongues.

After class, I went to eat lunch with a group of NSLI-Y friends, but there were so many of us that I ended up on a separate table in the same restaurant with Ariel and Rhea and it was really fun talking about our experiences and our lives and general stuff. I didn't have much Korean money with me, so I didn't order anything, but Ariel was kind and gave me her left overs! It was actually super delicious. We ate at the Japanese restaurant with the really fun and nice workers.

Afterwards, we had our culture classes. In this class, we learned our 4th and 5th sections of our presentation. I was in the 5th section and held the board for Elliya to break, and then Elliya held the board for me to break. After learning these sections, we ran through the entire presentation three times. I think that we still need more practice, but we did get better with each repetition.

This time, Elliya stayed back in the class to practice her routine for 15 minutes. I went with Jesse to the subway station and we ended up meeting up with Kenwoo, Margo, and Kyle. We walked towards the university because Kyle wanted to buy some new glasses, so me and Jesse went to the bagel store and he got some food. Here, we discovered that Jesse left his phone in the 태권도 building, so it was given to Elliya so that it could be given to Jesse later on. Afterward eating bagels, we by chance met up with the other three NSLI-Yians and went to the bank and I got 30k원 out. We went back into the subways station and peaced out. Me and Jesse went to 여리나루역 and waited by the exits for a little bit for our other friends to arrive. We were super thirsty, so Jesse suggested we go downstairs to a convenience store, but when we got down there, the convenience store was on the other side, so we would have had to pay extra in order to get to the store, which was definitely not worth the price. I suggested we look outside for a convenience store because they are usually dotted everywhere nearby subway stations, so we went out.

Right outside of the exit was a convenience store. As we were going to the store, an ajuma basically attacked me with a flyer and I was about to not accept it until I saw that IU was on it, so I grabbed it after one second. Suddenly, a wild flock of ajumas shoved papers into my hand and I let them get away with it just this time. I got so many papers and it was ridiculous. We went into the convenience store and I got a watermelon milk drink. Jesse got some grape drinks, to which I warned him that grape would only make him more thirsty. Then, we returned to the subway station and waited for our friends for a little bit longer. After a while, the returned.

We went out through a different exit and walked out a bit to get to the park right outside of the 한강 and, yet again, I was attacked by so so sooo many ajumas. This time, I tried so hard to avoid them, but they followed me everywhere through all of my jukes and dances. One of my friends made the mistake of accepting the advertisement, and she was given so many pamphlets by the ajumas. We ordered pizza by the river and listened to some p horrid music that these three guys were singing. After a while, Elliya and Teresa arrived, so some people left to pick them up. Also, the pizza arrived, so some people left to pick that up. Me and Sphofiaphf were left to appreciate the beautiful scenery and some beautiful (some absolutely horrible) sounds. After a while, we all met up again and were about to eat, when we discovered that there were no cups for the Coke that we had, even though we had specifically asked the guy to include cups, so me and Elliya went out to buy some cups for the group. Walking back, we talked about the strange event that included a guy yelling out into the river and a woman looking stressed out and also saw the lake during the night. It was understandable as to why so many people come to the area.

We were all about to leave the area and go to a 노래방 because it was getting late when a lout gunshot rung through the park and a bright, red light filled up the sky. We were all about to dash when we processed the fact that a fireworks show was starting. This was totally unexpected and probably happened to signal King Jesse's standing up. We went back into the subway station and headed towards 홍대. On the way, we saw three other NSLI-Yians and me and Phosphorous noticed how late the time was getting. It was already 9:30ish and we were not even close to 홍대, plus our houses were about one hour away, so we decided to break off of the group and go to 광화문 as suggested by Maris.

We did just that and it. was. so. amazingly. beautiful! I will definitely have to go there once more. It was so spacious and I felt like a child again; the feeling was amazing. I got back home with some memories that I will remember for the rest of my life and went back home listening to my mood matching music on repeat. I enjoyed the moments as I rode home and, when I finally got wifi, sent the 1000009090 messages that I had tried to send through Kakao. I walked back home with a slight smile on my face and returned home to my family.

I felt so happy to return and started to talk about my adventures, but I had to take a shower, so I took a shower and then spoke with my mother. We all didn't eat dinner lol. I wrote this blog and now need to sleep.

Today was honestly one of the best, if not, The Best day in Korea. I felt so great today and looked forward to spending my last week in Korea with so many great memories to come~



-end

No comments:

Post a Comment