Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Day 44

Today I woke up later than I expected to. I wanted to wake up early so that I could study for the test later today, but I ended up resetting my alarm, so I ended up waking up at around 6:24AM. I felt sweaty and a bit nasty, but I washed up and it was all good. Today, I wore my fancy outfit that I had bought on Saturday with my Aunt at the bus terminal. Feeling snazzy, I ate breakfast with my father and mother. We didn't talk.

I went to school with my cute space socks and met up with Sura on the way to school once more. I stopped by the coffee shop that Jessica showed me and I got an orange tea. Originally, I wanted to get a different flavor, but they ran out, so I just got the orange tea. It was so much better than I expected it to be, so it disappeared in no time. We got to school and prepared ourselves for the test.

The test was ok, but I felt like I bombed the last part. After finishing the test, me and Ariel went to Paris baguette and got some bread. I got a bread that had strawberry and cheese as a filling. We then got back to class and everyone was looking at their test scores. Fortunately, I had passed with a 72.5! I got questions wrong where I thought I had them right and I actually did very well on the last page, surprisingly. We got extra time to study for our next test, so I went out with Emma and phosphorous (sphofiahp) to the Sookdae bookstore. There were so many cute things in there and I bought a cute, aesthetic-ish pencil case for only 5 dollars.

We got back and waited our turns for the speaking test. Since my last name starts with a W, I was the last person to go. I waited forever! Emma and Sofa discovered that a door next to the stairs opened to the other side of the wall and that, if you were fast enough, you could run around the wall and through the door before it closed. So, they did just that. Tucker joined in on the fun later as well. Sebastian was wearing a shirt that said something about 'broke.' Also, I was matching outfits with Hailey today. My pant color was her shirt color while her pant color was my shirt color; we were opposites!

After a long while, it was finally my turn to do the test. I did the test and my teacher got a call in the middle, but all turned out fine. I then went with Ariel to 명동 and we walked around for a little bit, trying to find a good place to eat. Since it was really early in the day, there were no street carts out and no people out in the streets, but we still looked into stores and tried to find good gifts. We kept walking, looking for a place to eat, when we decided to go into this one walgreen-type store. We looked around the store and I ended up knocking over a whole display table, so I re-arranged it with the help of the store employee.

Then, we eventually found a place to eat at and we ate this ramen tteokbokki thing that was a little bit spicy, but really good. However, the propane can that was used to fuel the fire ran empty and so the shop employee had to refill it for us. Afterwards, we went to our cafe, the Oshake cafe. We got our shakes and used the wifi to communicate through Kakao talk and Hello Talk to other people. We then went out to look for presents and we found this one traditional shop that I love. We bought a few things and then left. We went to the dog cafe and stayed there for an hour.

At the dog cafe, there were so many dogs! Small dogs, big dogs, all kinds and breeds of dogs. They were finely groomed and so socialized that they could care less about all of the customers of the cafe. A dog jumped onto the seat next to me and went behind me, pushing me off a little. It was nice, but I was about to fall off of my seat, so I moved a little bit. This started the dog, but it remained calm afterwards. We petted the dog and I switched seats with Ariel so that I wouldn't get an allergic reaction. After a while, that dog left. We watched the dogs come and go, sleeping, walking, and sometimes barking. At one point, this large, beautiful dog just sat down and peed all over the floor. It was very comedic to watch this happen. Another dog, a large and tired black dog, jumped onto the seat next to Ariel and shoved her out, claiming the spot as it's own for resting. It was such a fun time and the dogs were so adorable!

We then went back outside and Ariel went into a store to buy some presents for her mother. Everything was on sale in that store and when you bought something, they showered you with free samples and a free can of bubbly water (tasted disgusting!). We then headed to Namsan Tower.

We had planned to have other people come, but everyone canceled, so it was just us two. We went up the hill leading to Namsan tower and bought our tickets for the rail car. The walk up would take a very long time and would prove to be very tiring and difficult, so we decided to just take the rail car. In addition, we would be able to enjoy the view of 명동 from afar as we ascended. After a few long minutes, we arrived at the top of the mountain and we explored. There, many beautiful sights were present as the sun dipped into the horizon. This was the first time I actually got to view the sunset while actually seeing the sun touch the mountains in Korea.

After viewing some of the sights and taking some pictures, we bought our tickets to go up the actual tower itself. We went up the tower and the elevator had played a very dramatic video from the top of the elevator, probably to make it so that people don't freak out while the elevator ascended the height at a quick speed. We got up and saw the beauty of 명동 at night. It was such a nice and amazing experience, but we also got rick rolled. We then headed back down and went home. 

At home, everyone was basically sleeping. My mother elaborated her plans for meeting tomorrow I finished writing this blog. It's getting pretty late and I still have some work to do, so I must go now. Goodnight, everyone!



-end

1 comment:

  1. Once again, thank you for the daily update and all the photos.
    Take good care ....
    God bless and love you,
    Mom, Dad & Rach xoxo

    ReplyDelete