Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day 43

Today I tried to wake myself an hour earlier so that I could walk outside, but I was too tired and stayed asleep until 6:50AM. Someone was using the restroom, so I went out into the living room and waited for a while, about 20 minutes before I washed up. I ate breakfast and left for school. I felt a bit stifled but I put on positive music and it set my morning up to be good. On the way to school, I met up with Jessica and we walked to school together, reflecting on our experiences with the program. Before going to the school, we stopped by a coffee place and I got some cheap milk tea. It was really cool!

Then, we got to class and on the board was written "좋은 아침." We practiced the lyrics to our talent show performance and then started class. In class, we continued to learn and then we reviewed for our test tomorrow. I got a carp ice cream sandwich and some bread as a snack during the break. We also received some surveys to complete, reviewing our experience with our teachers and the NSLI-Y program itself. The NSLI-Y survey was a very long survey, but I eventually completed it.

In the next class, we reviewed for our test tomorrow and continued to learn more grammar. We had questions about what we will do this weekend and, well, it was not a good reminder for some. After class, I went to eat lunch with Sarah and Ariel. We went to a cool pizza place and ate pizza. We also talked about our NSLI-Y experiences and it was great.

After this, we went to our cafe to meet with our supporters and we had our class. This time, Ariel sat next to Jun. We had a good class and ended well. Jun did an interview and then we all headed out together to a PC bang. It started to rain a little bit by the time that we got to the first PC bang, but that PC bang was full, so we had to go to another one. In the PC band, me and Jun played Overwatch for 40*2 minutes, Peter watched videos about history told by animals, and Ariel played a racing game. It was a lot of fun and I appreciate that Jun took me to a PC room. 10/10!!

We then went to a chicken restaurant and had an absolutely amazing time together! We ate 양양 치켄 and talked about weird experiences in the subway system, and about history of Vietnam and America and Korea. It was really interesting and cool. Me, Ariel, and Peter also planned out what we will do for our present to Jun. He has been super kind, patient, and cool to us, so we really wanted to give him gifts to show him our appreciation.

Walking home, I felt some heart burn (stomach burn?) from the spicy chicken. I got home around 8:00PM, took a shower, and started on writing for my homework and studying for my test tomorrow. Around 10:40PM ish, I invited my mother to come with me tomorrow to Namsan tower to celebrate me and Ariel's premature birthdays. Our birthdays are very close together, only a few days apart, and we will be very far in America, so we decided a long time ago to celebrate our birthdays before we leave for America, and tomorrow night is the time to do that.

I also told Ariel to invite her family as well. I think that only my mother will come, but I will be very glad for at least someone from my family to come with me so that I can spend time with my family AND my friends at a beautiful place - we plan on going there late so that we will have an amazing night view.

It's late and I will wake up early tomorrow to study for the test, so I will say goodnight to everybody! I'm so blessed to have been on this journey and I'm excited to spend even more time with my friends and family. NSLI-Y8 has been an honestly amazing and wonderful experience.

(also, this new band was released today called Black Pink)
(also, it was really really tinkling today!)





-end

No comments:

Post a Comment