Friday, July 8, 2016

Day 11

Welcome back everyone!! 어래간만이에요!! ^ㅁ^))) Today was a very eventful day. Because it was Friday, all classes had a grammar test as well as a speaking test. I am in the 나무반 그리고 제 한국 이름이 '나무'있어요 ㅋㅋㅋ. The grammar test was based on things we had learned in class, so it was an easy test. However, I messed up a few times and ended up getting four or five things wrong, but I learned from my mistakes afterwards, so it's all good. Next, we had our speaking test where we were paired up with a random student in our class and made to recite one or three dialog given to us to remember from either the day before or from two days ago. When it was my turn to recite the dialog, I was very nervous and forgot the lines, but I was able to slowly stumble along the sentences and get through everything. I studied very hard, but it was still not an easy feat. 요즘 공보하는 건 제 뮈미있어요   ㅠㅅㅠ)) 그럼 좋은취미있네요      ㅡㄴㅡ)V

Also in class, we sung a song about making bingsu 빙수 만든 노래는 들 들었어요. After class ended, we all went over to get lunch at a Chinese restaurant that our talking teacher had recommended for our class, but we couldn't find the restaurant and the Chinese restaurant that we DID go to was too expensive, so we just went to a place that sold tteokbokki ramen and the food was really good. Afterwards, we split into our Friday culture classes, so I headed off to the Sookmyung subway to meet the other people who got into the taekwondo culture club. We talked and waited for a while and eventually got lost in the city trying to find the building that hosted the club. We got to the building (the institute was on the second floor, so it was difficult to spot) and did taekwondo things for about two hours.



Afterwards, I went to Hyehwa to eat dinner. However, everything was super expensive, so we just went to a eat dinner. We ate at this barbeque restaurant, but there was not that much to eat, so I was still hungry. I ate a whole green pepper in one bite! My mouth was on fire and my face and nose were leaking profusely, but I got through it. By the time we finished dinner, it was nearing time to go home, so we all headed back to the station and went our separate ways.

Although it took me about an hour to get back home (usually going from school to home is about 30 minutes), I got back home safely and during the night. At home, I took a shower and ate dinner with my father. I practiced speaking as much Korean to him as I could muster and i'm slowly showing improvement!! Right now as I am writing this blog, I am falling in and out of sleep, so I will end it here for today. 안녕~ ^^;

-end

1 comment:

  1. Sounds you are getting better, congrats! What omg, whole pepper? pretty sure it wasn't a pleasant taste. Would you please take a picture of your whole host family? Thanks. We would like to see them if you don't mind. Enjoy your weekends ...
    Missed and God bless,
    Mom, Dad and Rachel xoxo

    ReplyDelete