Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day 12

Today is Saturday, a free day. I wake up later than usual, at 8:00AM, and I stay in bed for a few minutes before getting up. I think to myself, "These dreams I've been having lately, I hope to forget them..." dreams about home and dreams of sad things, I'm glad to wake up and go back to my immersive environment. Although I can't prevent my mind from thinking about the past and home, I can catch myself and think about the now and future. I go to the living room to study Korean.

I check my email and find that my supporter, whom our group will do an activity with, had emailed me at 5:30AM. I find my other two group members, Ariel and Peter, message my supporter through facebook, and add him on kakao talk. My friends were planning on going to a cafe to spy on another friend whose mother set a date up with one of their neighbors, but I didn't get any messages, so I ate my breakfast and tried to study Korean some more.

I invited my brother to come to the cafe with me, and he said that he would come, but later on, he said that he didn't want to go because it was hot outside. The day prior, he had a soccer game during the middle of the day, so he got heat stroke as a result, so he didn't feel like coming today. As a reciprocation, he offered to buy me some bingsu and snacks at our nearby convenience store, so we both went over there and got a couple of snacks. The bingsu wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. However, it was just a convenience store bingsu, so there was not much to expect. I wasn't disappointed nor surprised.

As I was trying to study Korean, I felt extremely tired, so I decided to just watch some episodes of "How it's Made" and take a nap. When I woke up at 2:30PM, I checked my kakao and discovered that my friends had messaged me at 2:03PM asking if I wanted to go to the cafe, but I had been asleep at the time that the message was sent ;n;.

I studied Korean 열심히 until it was time for dinner, and then showed my brother some American songs by Selena Gomez, Beyonce, Sia, Demi Levato, etc. At around 7:30, I went to this park place near a CNN cafe and the Han river with my mother, brother, aunt, and her daughter. It was so pretty! Lights were everywhere and 도시 있는 기분이 좋아요~! Right before a bridge that crossed the Han river, there were two guys singing: one with a guitar and the other just with a microphone. They sang very well and I appreciated their performances muchfords. We went into the cafe and ate some milk pat bingsu. It was good, but the red bean wasn't cooked for long enough because they were a bit hard. There was a goodwill right next to the cafe and my mother bought some exercise sneakers. Then, we walked a bit and played basketball before coming back home.











Today, I felt so so tired for some reason. I hope that my dreams wont make me anchored to the past, because its hard to be fully alive when you feel restless. Tomorrow is a new day and I will await the adventures that will come, but for now, I willlll see ya!

-end

2 comments:

  1. Good morning from me and should be sometime night time there. Well, sorry to hear that you have some nasty dreams. I keep praying of your safety there, and you should,too. It's weekends your body deserves some good rest.
    Love and God bless,
    Mom, Dad & Rachel MOI

    ReplyDelete