Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 33

I woke up today at 10:00AM. I slept for over eight hours. Feeling good, I washed up. I ate breakfast that my aunt prepared for me. It was so good. Then, I went on my computer and created quizlet sets for this week and next week's vocabulary. I also watched story time videos and had small conversations in Korean with people through the Hello Talk app.

At 1:00PM, I got a call from Ariel inviting me to go to 이대 with her and Elliya. I was planning on going to 강남 to find a gift for my mother, since she is returning from her class reunion from Europe tomorrow or on Monday. I was also going to go to a 피시방 with 박효재. I didn't care about where I bought the gift so long as I actually bought it, so I used the restroom and went to 이대 to meet up with my friends. The ride there was longer than expected - it took about 40-50 minutes where the subway app said that it would take 32 minutes. The subway was so crowded and the green line stations had almost no room at all to wait in line, but I eventually got to 이대. 

I walked out of the second exit to meet my friends and immediately I saw an art box. Getting really excited, I went into the art box and saw so many cute things. I was dying from cuteness and aesthetic overload. Looking through the merchandise, I got a call from Ariel. I told her where I was and they surprised me while I was looking at small animal plushies (I bought an owl). I saw Elliya coming, but I didn't recognize the blob getting closer to me to actually be someone I know, so she scared me a bit when she quickly got to me.

After a little bit of looking, I cashed out and ended up spending about 25 dollars on a lot of stuff. The most expensive of all of my items was a new set of headphones since my old pair is just about to break. They costed only $5 dollars. I got a face mask for when I'm sick, a really really cute shower headband, a cash book for 6 months of purchases, headphones, a cute bear headphone holder, a small owl plushie, and a small hand towel to pat my greasy face in the humid climate. All of this for 25 dollars and they were all 5 dollars or less. 

Then, we all walked around and checked out clothing stores around the streets together. Elliya and Ariel bought a couple of things and I enjoyed seeing the different fashion. Also, music blasted from every store, so it was super lit all the time. This one store played old trot style music and electro swing-ish type music. The employees were clapping along and it felt so fun to just be in the store. The one employee next to the changing rooms knew his fashion and helped people choose clothing. You could see his eyes looking at people when they chose something that would not go well on them or when the size would not fit (Ariel).

In some of the other stores, we would just look around and an employee would tell us the price and we would just book it out of there. Why get a decent shirt for 37 dollars when you can get a cuter one for only 5? smh. I got a ton (5) of socks because the male fashion was not as plentiful as the female fashion and the male fashion was 4x pricier than the female counterpart, so I decided against wasting money when I could maybe just buy stuff online through g-mart. Anyways, I was planning on buying clothing with my mother when she returned, so I wasn't about to go against that plan and just buy clothing today.

Then, we toured the University. It was actually super pretty and, in Korean university terms, it was diverse looking. There were different styles of buildings, there was a garden, and statues. However, there is a steep hill and if there was a reason not to attend the college, it would be because of that hill. Having to go up that hill in the hot, humid weather was -not- fun.

Then, we looked for a cafe to rest at and I got some street food. Spicy chicken. It was good, but very messy. We went into a cafe right beside exit 2 and ate oreo Bingsu. I also got a mango banana smoothie that was super good, but my stomach felt gross because of the strange combination of food that I had just ate. Ariel and Elliya were zooming in on people's features and trying to guess what part of the body was zoomed in on while we all waited for Sarah to arrive. I was also waiting for 박효재 to arrive, as her 학원 was just about to end.

Sarah arrived first and so we walked around a little bit more before I got a phone call from 박효재. I walked from the other side of the market road to exit 2 and met her. We went into a 피시방 that was in the same building as the place where we got 오레오 빙수. We played 롤 for two hours. We played three games: two pvp and one ai game. It was so much fun! We won everything even though the second game was looking grim. I played Cait, Zyra, and Lux in that order. 한국 피시방에서 컴퓨터를 하면 you can play every champion without having to purchase them and you get a 10% IP boost. I had to borrow one of 박효재's friend's accounts because my American account was not compatible with the Korean accounts. 

Afterwards, we looked for food and immediately spotted Elliya, Ariel, and Sarah sitting down in front of a park thing. We got some food and talked for a bit and then went into a convenience store to get some water for 박효재. I also got some 바나나 우유 and saw 롤 characters on sprite bottles. It was funny. Then, we all went to 홍대 together! Over there, we saw street performers and Elliya tried to get some picture with them, but they were a bit rude to us and shooshed us off. Elliya was frustrated because she wanted her pictures, but we saw another group of street performers and she waited for their performance to end so she could take a picture with them.

Me and 박효재 went into two stores right by the performers and I found a present for my mother- a stuffed bear in a army uniform. If you have watched Descendants of the Sun, you will know what I'm talking about. Seeing that the time was already 10:40PM and that I would already get home late if I left right then and there, I rushed out of there and headed toward the subway station. Along the way, I got a call from 박효재 who was also deciding to head home, but got lost along the way, so I met up with her and we both headed home. We talked about our day and it was really fun!

I got home eventually and I think these two people were trying to talk to me, but It was already getting pretty late and I was not finna come home super late, so I kept super speed walking and ignored them. Also, my headphones were in and I couldn't hear them well, so I wouldn't even have acknowledged them if I wasn't in a rush. Actually, acknowledging people at all on the streets is just not a thing here unless you know the other person, so... w/e.

I got home and took a shower and wrote this blog and now im about to go to sleep. Tomorrow, I'm planning on finding a Gongcha and I will study Korean there just about all day. I love the aesthetic and I need to study, especially since I had so much fun today. If my mother doesn't arrive home tomorrow, I will definitely be out. Who knows if my friends will have plans and invite me, but right now my goal is to study Korean and get ready for the following week. 

However, that's for tomorrow to decide for me, so I will end this here and say goodnight! Bye guys~



-end

No comments:

Post a Comment