Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 13

I wake up today to my alarm. Phew, no dreams tonight! Today, I will attend a KBS concert with my mother! I'm super excited and can not wait for-- my phone buzzes...

I check my phone and see that my friends are asking if I want to go to 명동 today. I say sure, why not. And then I try to go back to sleep.

...

Suddenly, I remember that I forgot to check my AP scores last night after I got home from the bridge park place!!! I force myself out of bed, wash my face, and head into the living room to check my scores. I log onto the website, realizing that I left my ap score number in the other room of the house and I start to go up to get the ap score number when I see my ap scores. I pass all my tests except for history, which was the easiest of all. I feel happy that I passed the extremely hard ap tests, but I feel confused that the easiest test that literally felt like a joke was the one that I failed. Oh well, I'm not too good at history anyway, although I was pretty sure that I got a 4 or 5 on that test. W/e.

I spend the rest of the day until 2:00PM studying Korean, talking on Kakaotalk, watching youtube videos, and checking my email for more information about my supporter group. A piano teacher came to the house to give lessons to my brother, sister, and mother. Then, I left with concert tickets in hand, ready to invite my friends as well if they wanted to come. Surprisingly, 사당역, the usually jam packed station, was relatively empty today. In fact, I was actually able to get a seat on the subway train on my way to 명동! However, the train slowly filled up as the train passed more and more stations and it started to get more and more crowded. I sat in my seat, studying Korean through Quizlet. We pass by one stop. The doors open. They close.

We pass by another one. Doors open. Doors close.

Another, doors open. Doors close.

Another, doors open. I check the station. OMG WE ARE AT MYONGDONG ALREADY I HAVE TO GET OFF RIGHT NOW BEFORE THE DOORS CLOSE--

Phew. That was too close.

I head over to exit 1 to meet my friends. I get there and message them on kakao. I meet my friend Ariel and I see that Saha messaged me on kakao. Apparently, I have to go to exit 2 because exit 1 doesn't exist? Oh well, alright. On the way to exit 2, me and Ariel find a shop selling socks for 1k₩ (a little less that one dollar) for one pair, and the store is loaded with tons of cute socks. I restrain myself and only buy two pairs, but I would have bought the whole store if I could! I check my kakao and my friend went to exit 1 because exit 2 was hard to find (exit 2 is far away from the subway train whereas exit 1 is right next to the exit) so we head towards exit 1 to meet out friend. We meet up and walk around a bit before finding another one of our friends, Shantel. We go through some more shops, one of them being a kpop shop and I buy some things for friends. Then, we go on a scavenger hunt to find our other friend Sarah. We find her outside exit 2. Then, we head out onto the streets of 면동 at around 4PM (approx. two hours after we were supposed to meet xD) and go through the not-rainy streets.

We go through some cosmetic stores and get some free face masks just for going in. I get a facial jeju mud cleansing cream thing (seemed interesting) and we head out to find some food. We get to this place that was on the second floor of a huge building and Ariel and Sarah share a dish. Then, we went to aho shakes. I check my clock and realize that I had better get going to the concert!! omg!!!!

I end up showing up almost thirty minutes late and the fam rushes to get into the humongous church to see the concert. We head down four elevators (feels like an eternity) and I feel horrible for making them wait so long. We eventually get into our seats and experience the VERY BEST concert I have ever heard in my life (live at least). I almost cried, it was so beautiful. My band teacher had said that you know that a band is good when they give you goose bumps, and I had gotten several whole body shivers because of how orgasmic the orchestra sounded. The opera singers were so amazing and they had spot on accents. I was absolutely blown away, jaw hanging, eyebrows raised, eyes open wide from shock. The band sounded amazing! The french horn sounded magnificent and also decadent. The oboe's sound was mature and aristocratic. The oboe sounded fatherly and loving. The trumpets' tone and pitch was so perfect it brought ghost tears to my eyes. The concert ended with Hungarian dances (a piece not mentioned in the schedule) and we set out to go home.

Before arriving home, we stop by a restaurant and I try some blood soup as well as 냉면 (cold noodles). I got spicy naengmyon, but it was actually not very spicy. Then, we got some ice cream service and headed back home. I took a shower and am now writing this blog post. Listening to soundcloud, I have that 밤이 있는 기분. I check my email and see that my supporter had messaged me. I reply, affirming that I understood his message and finish my blog post. Now, I end this blog post, so for now, I willlllllll see ya~! Goodnight everyone! Keep pushing through the days and remember to take in everything as you pass, or else you will find time slipping out of your control and all the moments flipping through way too quickly!



-end

1 comment:

  1. Wow must be good concert per your info. Glad that you enjoyed it very much. Hope tomorrow not a rainy day. Good night for even it's almost 10 am here - my body clock is messed up.
    Take care ...

    Love,
    Mom, Dad & Rachel

    ReplyDelete