Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 17

I played piano and went to sleep after eating dinner. I slept until about 5:00AM the next morning. I brushed my teeth and went back to sleep. I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm and remained there, wanting to continue the story line in the dream that I was having-- it wasn't particularly a good dream nor a bad dream, but the story line was definitely intriguing and I wished to see what direction the author of the dream was going to take. When I finally got myself up again, I felt much better than the day before. I still felt tired because I was still sick, but I didn't feel sad anymore! I prepared for the day and ate breakfast with my family.

I couldn't contribute to the conversation that my mother, father, and brother was having, so I tried to listen to their conversation and understand it. However, I couldn't understand what they were saying, other than talking about the pain my brother felt from his leg being a little broken from the soccer match and something about dying. I headed to school, immersed in my music once more. Above the music playing in my ear, I could hear the sounds of the city still, but having this background music allowed me to stay in my own world and progress through my route with, although not a spring in my step, a cheerful pace. I went slowly and looked around the city, noting my surroundings and enjoying each moment as it passed.

I passed through school normally. During one of the breaks, me and Ariel rushed over to a pretzel store nearby because she was hungry. We finished class shortly and went to eat breakfast, preparing to meet our supporters once more. Me and a couple of friends went to a mandu restaurant and the restaurant owner taught us how to eat the mandu, including making the sauce, and actually feeding me the dumpling herself. She was very kind and made sure that we ate well. The people near the university are very kind people and I appreciate their existence.

Afterwards, we met with our supporter at the cafe in which we met two days prior. We went over the first assignment in a book that he gave to us during our last meeting. It was based on first time meetings, talking about name, hometown, personality, hobbies, and what you want to do for a living. At first, it was hard for me to understand my supporter, but as time passed, I got a hold of his speaking style and I was able to understand more and more. I got a green tea frappuchino again (it's way too good) and my friend also tried one as well. She liked it.

After meeting with our supporter, we all went over to a cafe close to the university and we worked on homework. Then, we headed back home.

At home, I took a shower and ate dinner with my mother. We talked a lot in Korean. I'm still terribly horrible at speaking in Korean, but I think that I am getting better. My progress in speaking is horribly slow. We talk about scary movies, my mother traveling to Europe soon for a class reunion that was planned for 30 years, and my father going to Busan on a business trip. In terms of reading and writing, I am progressing proficiently. However, I am struggling to catch up in my speaking and my listening feels like a lost cause. (i know it isn't, but that term just feels right to use in that sentence) We keep talking until about 9:00PM and then I work on my homework.

I have to much homework, it's insane. Two chapters, three things to memorize and I haven't even touched my vocabulary and I got even more homework from my supporter. I save some for tomorrow morning (I will wake up early to finish it) and I finish writing this blog so that I can tend to my current needs of sleep.

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I am super tired, so I will end this here, but I hope you all reading this out there are enjoying your time, where ever you may be. Cheers!

-end

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your update son. We are enjoying Korea through your insigthful blog. Dad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your update son. We are enjoying Korea through your insigthful blog. Dad...

    ReplyDelete