Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 32

Today I did not wake to get out of my bed. It was raining hard, so my room was darker than usual, making my bed feel so much more comfortable and inviting. However, I remembered that I had to study for my Korean tests, so I quickly got up and washed up. The house was dark and silent. I was really enjoying the gloominess, it felt very comfortable. I studied until I had to leave for school.

On the way to the subway, it was raining really hard. I practiced my Korean prompts with myself and reviewed the Korean grammar that I had learned while I was sitting on the train. I was really lucky to get a seat in the usually already crowded train at Sadang station. I got to school continuing to practice my Korean. Because nobody was awake when I was studying in the morning, I didn't eat breakfast at home, so I was planning on cheap breakfast at a nearby convenience store. However, I ran out of time and ended up not being able to buy anything before school started.

I got through my first test well, probably only missing 2-3 questions. Then, we learned some more Korean grammar. This time, we learned about -지다 and 은 지 되다. It was challenging, so our teacher said that we will work on it more next week. Out teacher had lost the time and taught over our break, but when she realized this, she let us rest.

I went to a convenience store and tried to look for some 김밥, but they only had food that you had to microwave to eat. Everything else was out of order. I got what looked to be the most delicious of all the choices: a kimchi pork with rice meal and a coconut mint drink that I expected to be delicious, but was absolutely disgusting. I ran out of time, so I couldn't microwave the food, so I had to wait until the next break to cook my meal. I was not happy about this and my disappointing drink, so it put me in a bad mood.

During the second class, me and Ariel did the speaking test prompt and we passed. Then, we went to the OTHER convenience store and I was able to buy some food and microwave the kimchi pork that I had bought. When we got back to school and I ate my food, it was actually pretty good. I also bought a kinder egg, chocolate milk, and a fake cheddar bread thing.

We learned a tongue twister in Korean in class before we were released. Me and my crew got lunch at this nearby bagel place and mandu place. I got a nutella hole (bagel) and it tasted nothing like nutella - just chocolate. Then, we got some drinks at Gongcha before we all went to our separate culture club activities.

On the way to culture club, me and Elliya talked about China and some other things. At the Taekwondo place, we practiced our presentation again. Afterwards, I headed to youngsan station in order to watch a movie with friends.

Me and Elliya browsed through the stores in the station while we waited for our other friends to arrive from their culture clubs. We got tickets for 부산행 and eventually got into the theater. It was different from what I expected, but it was very similar to the way that and American theater is. First of all, the chairs were super soft. Second of all, there was a large space in between the seats and the movie and people could walk there-- there was no stage nor 'front row seats.' We sat in the second or third row and saw the movie. It was an honestly good movie and, though we didn't have subtitles in English, one could understand the entire movie without having to speak a lick of Korean.

Then, I got home and spoke with Korean friends until 1AM and wrote this blog and will now go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... found their theare is so interesting, and glad that you enjoyed the movie :=) Please bring some crackers with you if in case you missed your breakfast. Avoid an empty stomach attending your classes - don't want you to develop an acid reflux like mine. Well, Rachel is at young's park looking some pokemon. She caught more than 30 last night.
    Take good care of your health ...
    God bless,
    Mom, Dad and Rachel

    ReplyDelete