Saturday, July 23, 2016

Day 25

I worked on my powerpoint homework all night nonstop. It was my first all-nighter in Korea and I felt super dead. I worked hard on the design of the powerpoint, listening to scary stories and kpop. When 5:00AM rolled by, my mother woke up. She notified me that today was my sister's birthday and that we would celebrate at 6:30AM.

We ate ice cream cake and sang happy birthday to her. It was nice. Then, I went to school, bringing my large laptop with me so that I could further work on the powerpoint after classes and culture club ended. I got to school feeling super tired and sweaty because it was a hot day and walking with the weight on my backpack felt like a workout. I got to school and began to work on my powerpoint when I discovered that I had forgotten my laptop charger. I continued working on my powerpoint with my computer at 10% battery left until classes began.

I struggled to stay awake in class today. We were writing some phrases in our workbooks and I began to fall asleep. As I began daydreaming and drifting off, my teacher said something to me. It seemed as if I was staring at a question because I didn't understand what it meant, but in reality, I was just super tired and about to fall asleep.

For the second half of school, we got a small tour of the traditional areas of 홍대 went to a 시장. I got some delicious 떡볶이, 돼지고구, 고구마, and 파전. With the small road of the market along with my heavy backpack and full stomach, I was not feeling up to being awake. However, I still had to go to my culture club. I dragged myself through the streets, feeling so tired. Cynthia was very kind to me and carried my heavy backpack for a while until we had to go our separate ways. It was such a relief to not feel the weight on my shoulders.

In the subway, I apparently ran out of money on my T-card and had to refill it. When I went to refill my hard, a problem occurred: I only had a 50 $ bill and the machine will not allow you to use 50 $ bills unless you are refilling your card for at least 40 $, so I had to borrow money from Madeline while the rest of the group was already in the subway waiting for the train to come. On the actual train itself, I was struggling to stay awake. I was standing up, holding onto a hand thing and sleeping on my arm. It was super uncomfortable and there were people sitting in front of me, making things 10x more awkward and horrible.

We got to the taekwondo place and had to wait outside for about 5-10 minute because people were inside doing a sort of ceremony or class. These people were more professional and had black belts on. We got through our class and I was placed in a group with four other NSLI-Yians to demonstrate the basic punches and kicks. We will practice this demonstration and perform it in three weeks during the ending ceremony.

I met up with my friends after a long while and we went to KFC. The chicken was very different: it wasn't crunchy and the taste was sort of bland, but also still kind of good? The chicken nuggets were horrible to me though. It was as if the chicken nugget breading had corn in it. I didn't very much like it and I don't really recommend it.

We went around the city for a little bit, looking for a store that sold something that I could buy for my sister as a present. However, there were not many stores and the ones that were open were the ones that sold food only, so we just headed back home. On my way home, I had a huge struggle in staying awake. There were many instances where I was about to sleep while sitting down, but I managed to stay awake and, while almost missing my stop and going the complete wrong directions a few times, managed to get home.

I did some homework next to my brother and played a game of League of Legends. My sister came home and brought some of her friends to celebrate her birthday. I kept on doing homework until I was too tired to stay up and I went to sleep.

Today I felt so tired and my bad was so heavy, but its over and there were still so many great memories that I had made. I look forward to my camp tomorrow!



통인시장


-end

2 comments:

  1. YVES - Please DO Sleep if you can at least even less than 8 hrs. of recommended sleep!!!
    There's is NO tomorrow for YOU if you don't take good care of your HEALTH. Do not overdo it, please ......

    Worried Mom

    ReplyDelete