Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 18

I woke up today two hours earlier than I usually do in order to get some of my homework finished. Instead of staying up late last night, I decided that, for the sake of my mental and physical health, it would be good to get sleep immediately and wake up early in order to finish my homework and prepare for the tests that I had today. So, I reluctantly got myself out of bed and I went outside to finish up the homework that I had left. I went into the garden that was outside of my house. It was the first time that I went there to study. 분위기가 종아해하지만 mosquito들을 많아요!!! 진짜 시원했어요. 미래에 저는 집 근처에 공원이나 our garden에서 공부하려고 해요~. I finished my homework and only had about 15 minutes to eat before I had to leave for class. Today, my mother made toast, a watermelon smoothie, and scrambled eggs with cheese. It was super delicious even though I had to scarf it down and get rushing towards school. I made it to school on time, but the ride on the subway was insane busy. The lady in front of me kept leaning on me because of how crowded it was, and her back was sweaty. Not gucci.

From the subway station to the actual school itself, I had my book out and was memorizing the two stories that we had to memorize. Later in class, we would have a test where we had to recite one of the two stories in front of our teacher. Class was pretty difficult because the vocabulary was completely new, the grammar concepts were a bit confusing, and we moved quickly. On the test, we had questions about the different ways to say 'to wear.' For that part, I'm absolutely sure I got a lot of things incorrect. However, I believe that I did pretty well on the test.

After class, my group of friends went to a Japanese restaurant that was nearby sookmyung. We had already eaten there, but we had to find something quickly. I got this spicy ramen noodle pork thing. It was very good. Afterwards, I headed towards the bank with Ariel to transfer my 20$ bill into 원 while the rest of the group went to Tonimori because they were having a 30%-50% sale. Ariel had to leave while we were waiting for our turn, because she had to get to class. I also ended up having to leave because the line was moving slowly and I had to go to my Taekwondo class.

During Taekwondo class, we practiced the different types of actions that will be performed during our cultural presentation day. We did all of the possible actions, including expert ones, but I personally got chosen to work on round house kicking because it was my 'strength.' The teacher is super funny and I really enjoy my Taekwondo class.

After Taekwondo class, we started to head to the exit of the subway station to meet our other friends. Along the way, these two students asked us for donations to pay for their tuition for next year. One was Japanese, the other was American. It was cool to talk to them and help them out, and in return, our friend Trudi was able to receive a small hand bag for headphones or coins or whatever. At the start of the program, I couldn't talk nor understand a word that Trudi spoke, but as I spoke with her this time, I understood a lot and was actually to respond to her! That made me very excited!

Next, we went to a school that starts with ㅎ and has an ㄴ somewhere in the first letter. However, the area did not seem friendly or even had that much to do, so we left the place and went to a different university. This university had a friendly environment. Although didn't see any foreigners there, I felt safer and more welcome. We went through some makeup stores and ended up buying pizza and chicken from pizza hut.

Then, we went to a cafe and I ate a LOT OF CAKE. end of story. I got home and spoke with my host mother for a long time and now I'm finishing up this blog.

Tomorrow, I'm going to meet my host grandparents! I am super excited and will write more. However, for now, I an so super tired!! I will now go to sleep ^^~

Bye!



-end

No comments:

Post a Comment