Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 6

Today I woke up early yet again, hours before my alarm was to even go off. Last night, my host brother told me that he would be awake at 4:00AM to watch a soccer game-- Italia versus Germany. I went back to sleep and woke up to my alarm at 6:30AM. My host brother came to check up on me and told me that Italia lost against Germany. The game lasted from 4:00AM until 6:00AM. Then, I went to take a shower and ate breakfast with my host mother and brother. We ate toast, cereal, and fruit.

Afterwards, my host mother took me through the subway to visit Sookmyung Woman's University. The commute was approximately 1 hour long: riding the subway took about 45 minutes, and walking to the university took about 15-20 minutes. We ate some food at a local restaurant and I got some bubble tea at a cafe. It was taro flavor and very delicious!



After talking for a while, we headed back to the house. My host mother made some tteokbokki (떡볶이) and brought back some rice burgers that we had purchased while out in the city. It was very delicious!



Then, I studied Korean in the living room for a while and watched the movie 'Race' with 찬주 (my host brother). After going out to eat dinner with my family at a very nearby barbecue restaurant, I felt absolutely exhausted from the jet lag. When we returned home, I attempted to stay awake for a while to watch a movie with my brother and mother, but I kept closing my eyes to try to keep myself awake.



After hearing my brother play guitar, we all got ready for bed. I got a call from my RD Madeline and was informed that the next morning, I had my Korean language placement test! Feeling very tired, I headed off for bed, ready to face the challenges that the next morning would bring. However, for now, the only challenge I had to deal with was sleeping.

-end

No comments:

Post a Comment