Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 24

I woke up today pushing my alarm clock over and over again. I did not want to wake up! However, I pushed myself out of bed again today. I ate breakfast at the standard time, reviewing for my tests in school. I walked to school feeling tired today. It was already kind of hot and it was only the morning. tssch.

As I was walking to school, I saw RJun (how do I spell his name) at a juice shake shop nearby the college. I talked to him for a little bit and also ordered a pineapple drink. Later on, Ashey joined me and ordered a watermelon drink. The drinks were exactly as you would expect them to be. Fruit, but in liquid form. It tasted exactly as it would if you were to buy a fruit in a store and eat it. When I got to school, we started our tests.

For the first test, there were some things that I wasn't sure about, but fortunately everybody in the class passed! For the second test, we we spoke with the teacher one by one. Because of my name, I was the last one to go. Because of this, I went to a convenience store prior to my test and bought melon milk, canned royal milk tea, and a very carbonated orange drink in a tiny glass bottle. The orange drink was disgusting. The royal milk tea was worth the 60 cents, but it wasn't the best drink. The melon milk was bae, as expected.

I think I did ok during the speaking test, but I was a bit shaken by the fact that it was all recorded. Then, we went to lunch. I went to a bookstore and bought a horror comic book to help me Korean. In Korea, the horror genre is very underappreciated. Not many people like being scared, so its almost impossible to find scary things here. Thus, I was super excited to discover such a book.

I bought a galbi kimbap roll (it was delicious) at a convenience store right next to the bookstore and I went down to a bubble tea shop that I like and bought melon bubble tea (it was so delicious!!!). I definitely know that bubble tea will be one of the huge things I will miss here. In Portland, there will be bubble tea, but there won't be as many flavors and it won't be at the same quality standard.

Then, I went to 경복궁 palace with my supporter group and two other supporter groups. It was so pretty and I enjoyed seeing the traditional parts of Korea, but it was so hot and humid and my backpack seemed to get wetter and heavier as we passed through the buildings. We then went to a restaurant nearby and got some green tea pat bingsu. It was so. so. so. good! The green tea flavor was imbued in the ice and the flavors were just amazing. I was in a happy place while eating the bingsu. We also played that heads up game with our supporters. It was a lot of fun and we got to talk to them and learn about them as well. Definitely a needed break from all the studying!

After this, Eliya, Ariel, Sarah, Mackenzie, and I all went to 홍대. We went to a repair shop to fix Eliya's phone and then went over to a restaurant. However, I had to leave before the food arrived, so I went home. I had to hold my nose through the smoking alley, but I got through safely.

At home, I spoke with my mom in Korean about my day. I spoke with much more ease than I usually do. I can feel my improvements and it makes me excited! She talked with me about her travel to Europe tomorrow and what to expect and do during the week that she is gone. I love my family~!

Well, I have a lot more homework to do still. Tomorrow, the 나무반 squad will go to a 시장 and it will be so much fun. I will say goodbye for now and have a nice day or night, where ever you are!

View post on imgur.com




-end

2 comments:

  1. Hello again son - nice to know that you're really enjoying your time in Korea despite of your hectic scheds you are still manage to do all your tasks. Please buy some vitamins to boost your immune system, helps a lot not to feel so tired everyday when you have supplements. Take good care and thanks for all the video and photos. Catch w/ you sometimes when I get back home.
    Love from Midland, TX ...
    Mom and Rachel xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... oh also, thanks that you passed your exam :=)

    ReplyDelete